Welcome to Marathonkids Ireland 2019!
Welcome to Marathonkids Ireland 2019 programme! It’s great to have you and your school on board. As you know, Marathonkids is an 8-week programme promoting exercise to 5th and 6th class students in Fingal, Dublin City and South Dublin County Councils. During the course of the programme students will:
- Take part to four running sessions per week for eight weeks
- run 26.2 miles
- learn about the benefits of exercising
- run the last mile at Morton Stadium in Santry
But there are no better words to introduce the program than those from our ambassador and former Olympian and 400m European Champion David Gillick:
During the course of our 8-week programme you will receive one newsletter per week every Friday starting on September 6th. In the newsletter you will find:
- Weekly video by David introducing the theme of the week
- Weekly warm-up exercise by David
- Link to the corresponding section on the Marathonkids Ireland website (password-protected for teachers)
- News with photos and videos directly from schools participating
But without further ado let’s start with Week 1 where you will learn How to Keep Your Heart Healthy
In the Teachers Section you will also find some suggested warm-up exercises (one per week). This is the one for Week 1
Last but not least, we will be posting some amazing and content on our website (make sure to bookmark it on your browser) and on our social media so don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
OK, now it’s time to go and start exercising! Have an amazing week!